HOT FORMED NdFeB MAGNETS (MQ3)
Hot Formed NdFeB radially oriented ring magnets are produced by a unique hot extrusion process. As base nanocrystalline powder material is used made by rapid quenching (Neodymium) alloys. This powder material is hot pressed and then hot extruded into ring-shaped magnets. During this advanced hot extrusion process the radial orientation is created mechanically (orientation of the crystal grains is done without using any external electromagnetic field). Resulting in a full-dense, nanocrystalline structure with the highest level of radial orientation.
Main advantages of Hot Formed NdFeB Magnets (MQ3)
- Due to the nanocrystalline structure of the grains a substantially lower amount of Dy is used compared to sintered NdFeB magnets.
- Dy-free magnets can be made even with high coercivity level.
- Ease of assembly (1 piece only).
- Various magnetization patterns possible (multi-pole to uni-pole, various skew angles) by the design of magnetizing fixtures.
- Precise magnetization waveform control (f.e. rectangular, trapezoidal, sinusoidal) for high power or low cogging.
- Precise pole transition.
- Excellent corrosion resistance due to the absence of internal porosity (full dense material).
- Ring magnets with very small outer diameter are possible (due to mechanical orientation).
Relation between coercivity and required Dy
content (represented schematically)
Material Structure Comparison
Nanocrystalline Structure of Hot
Formed NdFeB Magnets (MQ3)
Structure of Sintered NdFeB Magnets
The pictures show the structure of sintered NdFeB and the nanocrystalline structure of Hot Formed NdFeB (MQ3). The nanocrystalline structure gives the Hot Formed NdFeB magnets their unique advantages (as mentioned above).
Magnet e Motion
Magnet e Motion combines most innovative permanent magnet technology from Japan with expertise and market knowledge. This with the objective to create the most optimized magnetic solution for demanding applications in automotive, high-tech systems and medical.
Magnet e Motion BV
5657 EB Eindhoven